"Studio Hall" Home of Mrs. Alice Pike Barney
‘Abdu’l-Bahá spoke here on April 21st and 24th, 1912.
“Studio Hall was in Studio House, a home and gallery owned by Alice Barney Hemmick, which was donated to the Smithsonian Institute in 1960. In 1912, the weekly Bahá’í “Sunday School” was held there, and it was at this regular meeting that ‘Abdu’l-Bahá spoke. For the text of this talk, see The Promulgation of Universal Peace, pp. . For more information on Studio House, see Jean Kling, Alice Pike Barney: Her Life and Art (Washington, D.C.: National Museum of American Art, 1994) pp. 168184; and “The House that Alice Built,” Historic Preservation, vol. 46, no. 5 (September October 1994) p. 60. The original text of the diary reads: “the Studio,” but was changed by the author to “Studio Hall